Thursday, June 19, 2008

Water, Water Everywhere

Just a point of oddness. Up here in Wisconsin, the flooding hasn't been as bad as for Iowa and other places southward. Not that Lake Delton draining didn't cause some problems.

So, I-94, the main east-west corridor, has 30 miles shut down in the 80 miles between Milwaukee and Madison due to the flooding. They're beginning emergency construction to create a crossover from westbound I-94 to get onto eastbound, avoiding the need for an overly-long detour.

In other news which, when I found it next to the first story, I thought was fairly ironic. US and Canadian officials will be in Wisconsin this week to discuss the near record low levels of water in Lake Michigan.

That is all.


-Kavar

----------------
Listening to: Foo Fighters - My Hero
via FoxyTunes

No comments: